Children’s Creative Village
What is the Creative Village? The Creative Village is a unique place at the festival that allows children to explore their creativity with interactive projects.
Creative Village Logo Contest
The Creative Village the children’s area of the Lake Mary-Heathrow of the Arts is inviting all young artists to share their talent and participate in the Creative Village Logo Contest. We are looking for a young artist to design a logo for the Creative Village. The Lake Mary-Heathrow Festival of the Arts is a non-profit community organization that provides college scholarships to talented graduating high school senior in Seminole County with the passion and desire to pursue their love for the arts through higher education. The festival includes fine arts and crafts, live music, entertainment, food trucks and for the second consecutive year the Creative Village.
Children 13 years and under are invited to submit original logo designs for the Creative Village.
The semi-finalists will be announced March 1, 2019 and the finalist will be announced on March 2, 2019 at the 2019 Lake-Mary Heathrow Festival of the Arts.
Rules and Submission Requirements
- The contest is open to children 13 years old and under.
- Limit one entry per person.
- All submitted designs must be the original work of the artist.
- No third-party artwork or images, including clipart, or copyrighted graphics may be used.
- By submitting an entry, the artist agrees that the Lake Mary-Heathrow Festival of the Arts will become the rightful owner of the image; any likeness of the image and may alter/reproduce the image at its discretion.
- Draw and color your idea of what the Creative Village looks like on a piece of white, 8 ½ x 11 paper.
- While not required, participants are encouraged to provide a brief written explanation of their chosen logo design.
- Bright markers, colored pencils or crayons are permitted.
- No embellishments like glitter, buttons or paint.
- Write your name, age, parents name and phone number on back of paper.
- Put entry in a large envelope. Multiple submissions may be included in envelope i.e. siblings, art class etc…
- We will not be able to return any of the artwork.
- Judging decisions are final and may not be appealed.
- The deadline for entries is Thursday, February 28, 2019. Entries received after deadline will not be accepted.
Put your entry in a large envelope (please don’t fold it) and mail to:
204 Hurst Court
Lake Mary, FL 32746
If you have any questions about the contest, please 407-585-1421.